This shrimp salad recipe was passed to me from my mom and I’m pretty sure she got it from her mom. So I guess you can say it is a family recipe. It will definitely be passed onto my children, along with tons of other recipes, but I wanted to share it with you all too! It is one of my favorite foods and Bryson (3) loves it. He asks me to make it often and will gobble up bowl after bowl. Most folks prefer it served cold, but it can be eaten as soon as it’s mixed up. I like to make it a day ahead and serve it for dinner the following night.
- 16 oz shell pasta, cooked & drained
- (2) 4 oz cans tiny shrimp, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ diced onion
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- saltine crackers (optional)
- ranch dressing (optional)
- Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix pasta, shrimp, mayonnaise, onion, and bell pepper.
- Salt & pepper shrimp salad to taste.
- Drizzle individual bowls of shrimp salad with ranch dressing if desired. (My hubby loves it!)
- Serve with saltine crackers.
Have you ever eaten shrimp salad? I have never heard of it other than this family recipe, so I’m curious to know if it has another name. If you give a try, let me know what you think. We eat shrimp salad year-around, but it is the perfect summer recipe!