I seem to be on a “muffin” kick with the corn dog muffins and now these pepperoni & cheese pizza muffins. You won’t believe how easy these are to make! The first time I cooked them, I was stunned. I love homemade pizza, but prefer to keep lunch simple and these give me my pizza fix for a lot less effort. We may have eaten them for lunch and dinner and lunch again all in one week. If that did happen, there was not a complaint one. My husband actually raved about these.
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed pepperoni
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and Italian seasoning in large bowl.
- Whisk in milk and eggs. Add mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and pepperoni and stir to combine.
- Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Give the batter another stir, then pour into muffin pans.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Serve with pizza sauce.
This recipe was a Pinterest find (where else?) and was adapted from these Pepperoni Pizza Puffs at Lick the Bowl Good. Enjoy!