I’ve saw versions of these homemade crayons all over blogland and Pinterest. I finally decided it was time to give them a try myself! I had some old crayons. Really old crayons. They were MY crayons when I was a kid. Now, I’m not old, but I’m thinking a crayon’s years have to be kind of like dog years, so they were OLD. Anyways, I decided it was time to put them to use and what better way, right!?
Homemade Crayon Supplies
- Silicone Molds
- Remove the crayons from their wrappers.
- Snap into pieces with your hands or chop up with a knife. I found it easier to just break each crayon into about 4 pieces with my hands.
- Mix up in a bowl, then add the pieces to your molds.
- Bake at 225 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let harden. I’m impatient so I put mine in the freezer and they were ready a few minutes later.
- Pop out of molds and voila!
You could make these homemade crayons to match any party theme in any shape. Stack them in cellophane bags and you’ll have some unique party favors. I think they’d also be great stocking stuffers for Christmas!