Believe it or not, I had never cooked with Stove Top stuffing mix until a few months ago. I bought a box on a whim and it sat in the cabinet for a couple months. I didn’t know why I bought it or what I was going to use it for until I was browsing through one of my cookbooks. As soon as I spotted this recipe, I knew I had to try it.
Slow Cooker Stove Top Stuffing
adapted from the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups Stove Top Everyday Stuffing Mix
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom soup (You could use cream of celery or chicken if you’d like.)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 2/3 cup water
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Mix together soup and milk and pour over chicken.
- Combine Stove Top stuffing mix and water and pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Does it get simpler than that? I think not.
You can eat this as a one dish dinner or serve it up with some sides. How do you use Stove Top Stuffing mix?
The folks over at Stove Top sent me a couple canisters of their new Everyday Stuffing mix to try out and a gift pack, but no other compensation was provided. All opinions remain my own, as always.