Winter has been mild this year, except for the constant drizzle of rain. By this time last year, we’d had two gorgeous snowfalls. At 9 months pregnant, I just sat on the sidelines and enjoyed watching everyone else play in it. We pulled out the big ole tube we use at the river and the boys went tubing in the snow. They had a blast and we practically had to drag Bryson inside when he got too cold. Cold doesn’t register to a 2 year old playing in the snow.. Have you ever noticed that?
These dreary days are dragging on and making me long for spring and summer. I’m looking forward to putting that tube to use on the water this year. It won’t be long before we’ll probably have to invest in a new one though, so here are some tips to help you (and me!) save on outdoor products and gear.
5 Ways to Save Money on Outdoor Gear
- Buy used. We have a couple nice resale shops where you can find everything from bicycles and tents to hunting gear. It never hurts to check!
- If it isn’t an item you’ll use regularly, borrow from a friend. You may have something they could use in return.
- Buy out of season. You can find hot clearance deals in the fall and winter for summer items and outdoor gear.
- Shop around. Research prices before purchasing and you’ll find that you rarely, if ever, have to pay full price.
- Never, ever check out without searching for online coupons, like these Cabelas Coupons offered by CouponCodes4u.
Do you have any tips to add? How do you save money on outdoor gear?