When my husband and I first bought a home and moved in together, we cooked with Knorr Pasta and Rice Sides weekly. I love that their so easy to fix, but they taste delicious. It’s been a while since we’ve purchased the sides, but I didn’t realize it until I had the chance to try out the new Knorr Homestyle Stocks.
Knorr Homestyle Stocks are available in chicken and beef flavors. Each tub makes 3-1/2 cups of broth — a better value than cartons or cans. These work great in soups, skillet dishes, mashed potatoes, and rice dishes. You can find them on the soup aisles with the broths.
This recipe is similar to my easy chicken casserole, but I added rice, Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock, and adapted it for the slow cooker.
- Cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 large can mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 tub Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine rice, water, and Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock in bottom of slow cooker. Allow it to heat up until you can mix in the stock thoroughly.
- Add in chicken, green beans, carrots, and cream of celery soup. Mix well.
- Cook on high for around 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
This was definitely a winner, but a little bland for my tastes. Next time, I will experiment with adding spices to give it a little kick. Bryson finished off two plates and my husband enjoyed it with hot sauce. I will definitely make it again. I keep cooked, shredded chicken in the freezer, so I love that I can just throw it all in the slow cooker on a hectic day and know that supper will be ready later that night.
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias. All thoughts and opinions remain my own, as always.