I’m probably more proud of this recipe than any I’ve ever posted. The slow cooker has been my best friend lately, but I couldn’t find a slow cooker chicken and dumplings recipe like I wanted. I came up with my own instead and it was so delicious. Seriously, the best I’ve ever had and I craved it the rest of the week. It uses simple ingredients, but they come together to make this thick and hearty comfort food. I’m not that great at explaining recipes, but this one is a keeper, so I hope you can follow along.
- 2lbs Fryer Chicken
- 2 1/2 cup reserved broth
- 1 can Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 can Cream of Celery soup
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 2 1/4 cup Bisquick (or something similar)
- 2/3 cup milk
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook chicken until done.
- When chicken is done, use tongs to set it aside until it’s cool enough to handle. Do not pour out the broth! Then, take of the skin and tear the meat into bite size pieces.
- Add chicken, both cans of soup, broth, and parsley to your slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. It won’t hurt to leave it on longer.
- Combine the biscuit mix and milk. Drop into slow cooker by teaspoonfuls and cook on high for 30 minutes or until dumplings are done.