In Bryson’s 17 months of life, we have gone through more brands and styles of sippy cups than I care to admit. The number of leaks and spills is more than I cared to clean up. We have finally settled with 3 brands and a couple styles that work for us, and work well.
At the top of our list are Tommee Tippee explora cups. We were sent a pack of their Stage 1 and Stage 2 cups and since that time, we have almost completely switched over to Tommee Tippee. These are by far the most used and most loved cups in our home.
- These are simple to assemble, disassemble, and wash. There is only one piece to the valve so you just snap it out and put ‘em in the dishwasher.
- The flip top makes these the absolute best cups for travel. You can flip it back and it will stay open. Flip it forward and snap it closed for on the go.
- The design is great for small hands and is easy for Bryson to carry.
- No leaks! If you assemble the cup properly, I can almost guarantee that Tommee Tippee cups will not leak. Period.
… it’s alright
- My one and only complaint is that if your child throws this cup hard enough, it can knock the valve down into the cup. When this happens, the cup will pour out. This has only happened a few times in our home and with tile floors, the cups have held up wonderfully.
Tommee Tippee was just recently introduced in the USA. Prices range from $4.99 for one cup or $7.99 for two cups, so these are super reasonable. You can pick these up online or at your local Babies “R” Us. Browsing around the site, I also spotted bibs, bowls, bottles, and feeding utensils made by Tommee Tippee.