When it comes to lunch, it has to be simple. I actually have an alarm on my phone to remind me to get started on lunch each day, because without it, lunch would totally slip my mind…. until my kids begin screaming they are starving. I don’t mind spending an hour or so in the kitchen for dinner, but I want lunch to be quick, easy, and painless. I also prefer to stay away from frozen foods and find healthier options. Often, I’ll do make-ahead meals or freezer cooking, but there are some days when I need to throw together a lunch with ingredients I keep in the pantry.
I’m sharing two recipes we’ve tried and enjoyed lately that will take you about 10 minutes to get on the table. I made both of these using Flatout Hungry Girl Foldit Flatbread with Rosemary & Olive Oil. I really enjoyed the flavor and texture of the Flatout Hungry Girl Foldit Flatbread with Rosemary & Olive Oil. They are only 100 calories per Foldit and you can’t beat that!
- 1 can tuna
- 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. sweet relish
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 2 Flatout Hungry Girl Foldits
- In a bowl, mix together tuna, mayonnaise, sweet relish, and mustard. Spread onto Flatout Hungry Girl Foldits and enjoy!
- pasta sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- bell peppers, diced (optional)
- onions, diced (optional)
- Rosemary & Olive Oil Flatout Hungry Girl Foldit Flatbread
- Spread a layer of pasta sauce over Flatout Foldits.
- Add pepperoni, mozzarella, and any other optional toppings.
- Place in panini maker until hot and bubbly and the cheese is melted.
Both of these recipes are so easy to make that I feel a little silly even sharing them. You can change them up for your tastes or double them if you need more. Flatout Foldits are available at Walgreens. Be on the lookout for a giveaway featuring a Walgreens gift card coming later this week courtesy the folks at Flatout Bread!
I have partnered with The Motherhood and Flatout Bread to share recipes and other information. All thoughts and opinions remain my own, as always.