Ever since I spotted these rainbow pudding pops, I knew I had to give them a try. I love vanilla pudding, but had never even heard of a pudding pop. Well, let’s just say it was love at first lick. Seriously, these are rainbowlicious.
- instant vanilla pudding mix
- food coloring
- mixing bowl
- electric mixer (or whisk)
- paper or plastic cups
- popsicle sticks
- extra bowls for dividing
- Mix pudding up according to directions on the box. I use two boxes and mix it all up in my Kitchen aid. A whisk would work too, but I look for any excuse to use my mixer.
- Evenly divide the mix into 4 (or 5 or 6.. however many you want) bowls- one for each color.
- Add a couple drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir until you reach the desired color.
- Spoon the pudding into your cups. You can smooth each layer. I just jiggle mine a little bit and call it good. (That sounded dirty.)
- Place into the freezer for a few hours until completely frozen. Or you can cheat- just go ahead and eat one right out of the cup.
- When you take a cup out of the freezer, warm it with your hands and the pudding pop will “pop” right out.
I think those paper cups you buy for the bathroom would be perfect for this. The cups I bought are too big. They work fine, but Bryson can’t eat a whole one and the pudding pops are too big & heavy.
He gave them a definite thumbs up (frozen or not) and asks for them on a regular basis now. I like that they are a breeze to whip up- you spend more time waiting on them to freeze than actually making them.
What fun treats are you making this summer?