I’ve had a terrible sweet tooth lately, so I’m on the search for healthier ways to “cure” it. Turning to chocolate every time was only expanding my waistline- something I definitely don’t need! So, I threw this together in the blender and was surprised to find that it helped my craving for sweets and it’s pretty healthy.
- 3 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 peeled bananas (fresh or frozen)
- vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup milk
- ice (optional)
Throw all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- I prefer to use frozen fruit and leave out the ice. Stock up when you find a good price and throw some in the freezer.
- I’ve used several flavors of yogurt- just use whatever you have in the ‘fridge.
- If you need an added sweetener (I don’t) you can add a tbsp. of honey.
- When using fresh fruit, you’ll want to add in a few cups of ice.
- I’m not one for measuring, so I usually keep adding until I like the taste & consistency. You really can’t mess this one up, so just play with it until it works for you!
What are your favorite smoothie flavors?